In an age of technology, it is crucial to keep up to date with the latest programs and software. Many careers today require a knowledge of programs such as the Microsoft office suit, POS systems, and other programs specialized for different careers. The necessity for these skills has made finding jobs more difficult for many.
Below I’ve made a shortlist of jobs and the requirements. Many of them below require skill in Microsoft Office. Although, a select few have requirements of specialized programs such as POS and catering/beverage management programs.
Online there are thousands of certifications to be earned. These are usually assessments ranging from multiple tests to short quizzes and test your knowledge of different programs. One popular site with a huge array of these certifications is Hub Spot.
Sales and Event Coordinator
Big Rock Chophouse & The Reserve
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in event marketing and coordinating
- Proven knowledge of industry tools, such as P.O.S., cater event programs, Word and Excel
Social Media and Brand Marketing Specialist
- 2 years of experience of social media ad operations
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Use of social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube)
Social Media Manager
- Five years of experience in a social media or digital marketing role
- Strong social media copywriting and/or visual design skills
- 3 years experience in marketing or comparable experience
- Microsoft office skills – High skill in excel
Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park
- 2-3 years hospitality experience with a working knowledge of food production and bar service
- Skilled with computers including POS systems with a windows based format